Haryana Government launched pashudhan bima yojana on 29th July 2016 in jhajjar. As per the Scheme minimum 1 lakh cattle covered under this scheme.
Highlights of the Pashudhan Bima Yojana
- Different Premium Rates for Different animals.
- Insurance Premium starts from Rs.100 for Cows, Buffaloes, Bulls and Camels.
- Insurance premium starts from Rs.25 for Sheep, Goat and Pig for a period of 3 years.
- The Insurance companies would give compensation in case of death of animal (Cattle).
- Pashudhan Scheme is free for Cattle breeders from the scheduled castes.