LIC policyholders need to link their Aadhaar and PAN to the policies as per a government directive, says the life insurer.
LIC has started a facility which helps its policy holders to link Aadhaar with their policies online. However, one doesn’t have to necessarily visit the LIC branch to get this done.
According to the government directives, a policy holder is meant to link Aadhaar and PAN with their respective policies online by December 31.
Steps to link LIC policies with Aadhaar & PAN
- Log in to LIC’s website. click on Link Aadhaar and PAN to Policy, displayed prominently on LIC’s homepage.
- Click on the link and LIC gives you a to-do checklist. Read the instructions carefully.
- After reading the checklist, click on the Proceed button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the required details in the form, click on Get OTP button.
- Enter the OTP then click on submit button.
- Message will be shown on the success of the registration for linkage.
- After verification with UIDAI, SMS / mail confirmation will be sent to you. The verification may take few days.